The Sunshine Blogger Award
This is the cheeriest-sounding little award I’ve been nominated for so far, so thank you Cyborg Knights!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from your nominators
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven new questions to answer
Here we go…
1. What is your favourite era for a story to be set in?
I don’t think I have a favourite era, exactly. I find the Victorian period very engaging, but really it depends on the quality of the story.
2. Favourite genre and why?
At the moment, contemporary. They tend to be easy reads for me, and I haven’t really felt like any “heavy” reading recently.
3. What is your favourite season and why?
Probably spring – I love when the days start to get warmer and longer but the air is still fresh from the winter.
4. You have to complete a task of epic proportions, what literary sidekick would you bring along?
I’d insist on bringing both Ron and Hermione.
5. How many countries have you been to in your lifetime?
Five, I think. Does driving through a country count? If so, six. If all goes to plan then this time next year it’ll be seven, maybe even eight!
6. If you could learn one skill with the snap of your fingers, what would it be?
There are a bunch of creative skills I would love, but practically, it’d make sense to choose something that could really help other people.
7. What book do you recommend people NOT read?
I’d never recommend people not to read a book! I always try to show that although it isn’t my cup of tea, it could be someone else’s. Saying that, I found Wuthering Heights a bit of a bore!
8. Where would you like to see yourself 5 years from now?
Happy and confident, fluent in French, more worldly and well-traveled, my book published and the owner of my own house. I’m not asking for much!
9. You have to change your hair color for 3 months, and it cant be the color it is now, what color would it be?
My hair has been so many colours already! I’ve had my eye on blue or purple for a while, so probably one of those.
10. If you could spend a year living anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I do love the part of England I live in now, but I would probably go somewhere sunny, as the dark, rainy winters get me down sometimes. Maybe Australia, as it is so expensive to travel to from England (so I may as well stay there for a while), or France, so I could practice my French!
11. What is a good piece of advice you learned in your first few months of blogging?
I suppose finding the confidence to post what I wanted – it is my creative space, after all.
- Emily @ The Geek Undergraduate
- Cat @ Cat’s Shelf
- Charley @ Books and Bakes 1
- Books and Coffee Cups
- Tiffani @ The Book Venom
- Stephanie and Taylor @ Bibliophile Gathering
- Brittany Marie Reads
- Stuti @ The BibliOH!phile
- Tina @ Bookish Wanderings
- Josie’s Book Corner
- Jess @ The Teacup Library
- Borrow books or buy them?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you have any bad reading habits?
- Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
- Have you traveled to anywhere new this year?
- How many languages can you speak?
- If you could take one book to a desert island with you, which would it be?
- What’s your favourite snack to eat while you read?
- What makes you happy?
- Where’s your favourite place to read?