I hadn’t heard of Rock My TBR until recently, but it sounded like a great idea, so I’ve jumped right on board! The idea is to read at least one book from your TBR a month, and although you can set more challenging goals, I think one a month is more than enough for a slow reader like me.
I was really tempted to pick out twelve books for the whole year, but actually I think it’ll be more fun to just see what I fancy each month instead.
Saying that, I know exactly what book I’m going to knock off my TBR as soon as possible:
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I was a few short chapters into this story when A Court of Thorns and Roses stole my attention, leaving Red Queen unfinished! I intend on completing this book once and for all, especially as I have the sequel, Glass Sword, already on my shelf.
Here’s just some of the other books on my TBR at the moment (many I own physical copies of):
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan
- The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Skin by Adrienne Maria Vrettos
- The Dieter by Susan Sussman
- The Rose of Sebastopol by Katherine McMahon
- Armada by Ernest Cline
- Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
- Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
- The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
- You Had Me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane
- How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran
Do you feel any of these should be bumped up to the top of the list? What’s on your TBR for 2017?
Fancy joining the Rock My TBR reading challenge? Find out more here!